Hello beautiful people!
I’ve officially moved to Brooklyn, New York as a married woman. And being married comes with the perks of cooking delicious food for our family of 2! Nabeel & I are always trying new techniques in the kitchen. We love playing with different types of flavors in order to come up with a masterpiece. Since Nabeel is already a master in the kitchen, I am constantly finding new & unique ways to make breakfast for him. Not only is making breakfast at home cost friendly, but it also allows us to bond over food. Oh, and I love watching his expressions as he tries the first bite of everything I cook!
In this post, I am sharing a quick and delicious recipe of one of my favorite breakfast foods, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. It is honestly the quickest yet most flavorful recipes I’ve ever tried in the mornings.
Let’s get started!
Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Yield Amount: Serves 2 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 10-15 minutes
4 slices of Whole Wheat Bread
4 strips of Turkey Bacon
1 Jalapeno (sliced)
1 large Tomato (sliced)
1 stem of Scallions (diced)
1/2 stick of butter (sliced)
2 slices of Cheddar Cheese
2 slices of Mozzarella Cheese
Black pepper & Salt to taste
- Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board or a mat.
- On two slices of bread, put cheddar cheese. On the other two slices of bread, put the mozzarella.
- Now, add jalapenos and scallions on the slice that has cheddar cheese; turkey bacon and tomatoes on the slice that has mozzarella.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the sandwiches together & heat up a pan on Medium-Hi.
- Add two to three slices of butter into the pan & and place your sandwiches into the pan.
- Continuously flip & press down the sandwiches (you may rub butter on the sandwiches while in pan) til golden brown on each side.
- Serve hot with kettle chips or fries!
- Take a picture, tag @Pizza_and_Perrier
Enjoy & have a wonderful rest of the week!